Norman Powell Didn't Expect Blazers to Trade him

 Norman Powell ended up buying a house in Portland after signing a long-term deal.


No one in the NBA world expected Norman Powell to be traded to the LA Clippers, not even Powell himself.

Following his Clippers debut, Norman Powell revealed his candid thoughts about being traded to Portland.

"Honestly, no," said Powell. "When my agent called me, I couldn't believe it."

Powell admitted he didn't think he was an untouchable player in Portland, but didn't really expect to be in business after signing a 5-year deal with the Blazers, having recently bought a house in Portland Was.

“Some [Blazers] people were talking [about trades],” Powell said. "I knew I wasn't unlovable, but just because I signed a long-term deal, 5 years, I bought a house there, like "I'll be here for a while." I have just put my furniture in the house. I certainly didn't expect business to happen."

Despite not expecting a trade to LA, Powell is all smiles about the situation. As for Powell, he gets a chance to return home and play in the arena he wanted to play in.

Powell said, 'Playing here is like a dream come true. "It feels like it's bigger than a basketball to come home... I'm just happy."

Powell, unfortunately, didn't come off with a win in his Clippers debut, but he clearly showed himself to be one of their best players; He led the team with 28 points on 56% shooting.

The shorthanded Clippers got some much-needed help in Norman Powell and Robert Covington, but they're in the middle of an incredibly brutal schedule stretch. After facing the Bucks at the start of the week, the team now faces the Grizzlies and Dallas Mavericks twice, all on the road.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post