Johnny Depp reveals shocking details about biting Amber Heard's finger

Johnny Depp once again testified against his ex-wife Amber Heard in court on Wednesday


Johnny Depp testified once again in court on Wednesday against his ex-wife Amber Heard, this time detailing the extent of the violence that soured the two's relationship, Reuters reported.

After sharing details about the beginning of their relationship on Tuesday, Depp returned to the witness stand in a Virginia court to elaborate on how Heard's behavior changed afterward.

Depp said the couple had frequent arguments, including "abusive name calling" and "bullying" by him.

"It sounded like pure hatred to me," Depp said, "if I stayed to argue, after all, I was sure it was going to escalate into violence, and at times it did."

Asked to describe the violence, Depp said Heard would "strike" with a slap or a push and recalled that several times he threw a TV remote at his head or a wine glass in his face.

During an argument, Depp said that Heard grabbed a vodka bottle by a handle and threw it into Depp's hand, severing the upper part of his right middle finger.

He said that at first he didn't feel pain. "I felt the heat and felt like something was dripping down my hand and then I looked down and felt the tip of my finger cut off."

"I was looking straight at your bones on the outside and the fleshy part on the inside of your finger."

Depp continued: "The blood was just oozing out and at that point I feel like I went into some kind of... I don't know what a nervous breakdown feels like, but it's probably the closest I've ever had."

He said, "Nothing made sense and I knew in my mind and in my heart that this is not life. This is not life. No one should go through this."

"I began to write ... small reminders from the past on the walls with my own blood that essentially represented the lies he told me and the lies I caught him..."

The jurors were shown a photo of the injury, which was surgically repaired.

"He needs conflict. He needs violence. It erupts out of nowhere," Depp said of Heard.

Depp said he would remove himself from the situation, sometimes locking himself in a bedroom or bathroom, and never hitting Heard. "In all these situations, my main goal was to retreat," he said.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star, 58, has sued 35-year-old Heard for defamation after he accused her of abuse.

Depp has accused Heard, who is also an actor, of defaming her when she wrote an opinion piece about domestic abuse survivors in The Washington Post in December 2018.

A state court judge in Fairfax County, Virginia, is overseeing the trial, which is in its second week and is expected to last six weeks. Reuters

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post