Michael Buble gets new focus for his latest studio album 'Higher'

The Canadian singer said he strove to create innovative music.


After a career spanning 20 years, singer Michael Buble found a new focus for his 11th studio album, Higher.

"I was so excited to try things, not only to go places I feared going to before in my career or my life, but I was excited to take part in the challenge."

The Canadian singer said he strove to create innovative music.

"When I started out, my goal was to make new music for audiences who had bought my records for 20 years. And I didn't know that until the end... it was fresh for me."

The 13-track album was released on March 25 by Reprise Records, part of Warner Music Group, and features assistance from Paul McCartney and Willie Nelson.

"Someone like Paul, someone like Willie, take me under your wings and give me your blessing. Wow, hopefully, one day someone will think I'm one of those ducks too."

Bublé said that his family inspired the album's three original songs.

In 2016 Bublé and his wife, Argentine actress Luisana Lopilato, announced that their eldest son, Noah, who was then 3 years old, had been diagnosed with cancer. He is in remission since 2017.

The music video for the lead single, "I'll Never Love You", was inspired by the singer's love of cinema and features romantic scenes from popular movies.

The couple used the end of the video as a birth announcement that they are expecting a fourth child. (Reuters)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post