Simone Ashley went through a rough phase of her life before landing a role in 'Bridgeton'

Simone Ashley gets candid about 'tough times' after breakup and how she overcame that phase in a latest interview


Simone Ashley talks about going through a challenging period before securing her role in Bridgerton after the breakup.

In a new interview on the Secrets with Josh Smith podcast, The Sister actor opened up about running away from her 'uncomfortable feelings' that she wasn't taking care of herself.

She said, "I was going through a breakup from 2019 to 2020 just before Bridgeton and I wasn't taking care of myself. I was being so hard on myself. ,

Ashley said, "I was running away from sitting with uncomfortable feelings, postponing it and building up a wall to accept change."

"I've always been so fearless and brave in that sense, but it was something in my life that really hit me and I wasn't accepting of change and not accepting how to work on myself and Have to love yourself."

She said of how she got through that dark phase of her life, "and then I think that's what really changed it for me because I was like, 'Well, if not for me, I'll have to do it for my work. Will have to do for the least.'"

“I don’t want anything to stop me from achieving my dreams or being good at my job. I have worked very hard till this moment,” she continued.

The 27-year-old actress said she worked on her well-being by "sitting with her thoughts" as well as "exercising, drinking lots of water and eating well".

Ashley concluded, "That's why I'm proud of myself because I take care of myself in every way."

"I went through a really tough time in my life and I'm here now and whatever life throws at me, it may be (outrageous), it can be great, but I get it."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post