Johnny Depp asks fans to be alert amid fake posts and account boom

Depp issued a statement about fake social media accounts and profiles pretending to be himself


Johnny Depp has shared an important message for his die-hard fans amid a surge in fake profiles.

The Hollywood star has urged her boyfriend and followers to 'be vigilant' amid fake social media accounts pretending to be himself.

The Pirates of the Caribbean actor, 59, has been forced to issue a statement about fake social media accounts and profiles that pretend to be him.


Depp released a statement on his Instagram stories on Sunday, saying: "I have been made aware that there are fake accounts pretending to be me or people I work with. No personal or side accounts."

Johnny Depp shares important message for fans amid boom in fake profiles

He continued: "These are the only pages run by me and my team where we share and communicate updates: Instagram @JohnnyDepp TikTok @JohnnyDepp Facebook @JohnnyDepp Discord @JohnnyDepp0854."

Depp continued: "I want you to be vigilant as it seems these fake accounts may be persistent. My team is working to combat the problem. Thank you for your continued support and keep me aware of this issue." Thanks for making it! Love and respect, JD X."

There has been renewed interest in the actor after his victory in a defamation suit against ex-wife Amber Heard. The actor was awarded $8.35million (£6.8m) in damages following the cuts, while Heard was awarded $2m (£1.6m) in damages.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post