Shakun Batra on OTT release of 'Ghehraiyaan': 'Didn't want to keep this film for long'


 Indian director, Shakun Batra opened up on the release of his upcoming film Gahariyan on digital platforms instead of theatres.

The upcoming film starring Deepika Padukone, Ananya Panday and Siddhant Chaturvedi is already creating huge buzz among movie buffs for its interesting plot and new combination of actors.

The project was expected to hit the box office with a major setback, however its release was shifted to the OTT platform Amazon Prime.

Talking about his decision, the Indian filmmaker, who directed Ek Main Aur Ek Tu and Kapoor & Sons, said, "I grew up in films that I absolutely loved and admired, And that made me want to be a filmmaker."

“I have seen them all on TV, DVD and on my laptop. I have always felt that a good story holds together, no matter how and where you watch it,” he explained.

The filmmaker revealed that due to Covid-19, it has to put the film on hold for a theatrical release. "I really didn't want to keep this film for long. It was ready and I felt the need to put it out."

"I am always ready to make this film for a mature audience, and it is already on the OTT platform," he added.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post