Ronnie Wood unveils Rolling Stones artwork, Voices Hope to tour

 


Ronnie Wood had to use the stairs to sign his name on his latest art – a giant abstract painting by the Rolling Stones.

Unveiled at the corner of the aptly named Wood Lane and Ariel Way in West London's Shepherd's Bush area, the music star featured her name showing her work on Billboard.

"It's great because they finally found out I could paint," Wood said. "Nobody knows I can paint, so we have to make sure people realize I can."

Called Abstract Performance, it is based on Picasso's The Three Dancers and features him on stage with the rest of the Stones, Charlie Watts, Keith Richards and Mick Jagger.

He completed the painting in 2020 and there are others in the series, but Mick Jagger doesn't seem to find clothes in any of them.

"He's naked in all of them, because I got the original inspiration from a piece by Picasso called 'The Dancers' and they were all dancing naked. And I thought, why not? You know, it's a form of expression. Good form."

Talking about Watts, who died in August at the age of 80, Wood said it meant a lot to him that he blessed him to continue touring and use Steve Jordan in his place on drums. Gave.

The Rolling Stones are expected to play a summer tour this year.

Wood also discussed painting a portrait of the Duke of Edinburgh, which was finished shortly before his death in April 2021.

"I'm very happy with it. It's charcoal, a brown sepia pastel from Duke, and I finished it shortly before he died and I was going to show him. And then William heard about it and he Asked me to present him at Kensington Palace, and he wants to show the Queen, so I'm very honored."

Wood is selling limited editions of Abstract Performance through February 14 on its website. - AP

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post