Chris Rock ready to interview Oprah Winfrey after Oscar controversy: Report

Chris Rock to talk about Will Smith drama with Oprah


Chris Rock is reportedly ready to drop a bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey.

According to The Sun, the comedian is caught in the midst of a battle between Oprah Winfrey and Ellen DeGeneres, both fighting for a spot to secure an interview with her.

A source told The Sun: "Chris has handled the situation with Will with such grace and poise - and it's paying dividends.

"Hollywood just can't get enough of him and when people are turning away from Will, they line up to see Chris.

“His comedy tour has now sold out months ago and he has added more dates due to the increase in demand.

“Chris has chosen to hold his tongue for now and it should come as no surprise, as there are big money talks going on behind the scenes for their first chat.

"Both Oprah and Ellen have shown interest in securing the first interview with Chris on the slap and the aftermath."

If the deal falls through, The Rock won't be the first to join Oprah for an explosive sit-in. Meghan Markle and Prince Harry revealed royal secrets in a scintillating 2021 interview with the host, causing havoc.

Actor Will Smith hit Chris Rock in the face for mocking wife Jada Pinkett Smith's medical condition, alopecia.

"Keep my wife's name out of your f-----g mouth!" he said.

However, on Monday evening, Smith apologized for his act.

Smith wrote, "Violence in all its forms is toxic and destructive. My behavior at last night's Academy Awards was unacceptable and unforgivable." "Jokes at my expense are part of the job, but a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally."

"I want to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I'm ashamed and my actions weren't indicative of the man I want to be," he continued, who won his first Oscar Tha victor directly apologized to the man he had killed. "There is no place for violence in a world of love and kindness."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post