Tracee Ellis Ross dishes on her personal growth

Tracee Ellis Ross Says 'I Really Feel Comfortable In My Skin Now'


Tracee Ellis Ross recently took a look at her personal development and admitted that she never felt 'comfortable' in her own skin while growing up.

Although the Girlfriends actor is the child of iconic singer Diana Ross, she has carved a niche for herself in Hollywood with her passion for her craft.

Amidst all this, the High Note actor surprised fans after he opened up for InStyle magazine and shared details of his personal development.

The actress began, "I am really proud of who I have become as a woman, at 49 years old, I can be sad for what hasn't happened and joy for what's happening. "

"I exist in my experience with a sense of wholeness I really couldn't imagine growing up because I had so much discomfort in my skin."

She continued, "I really feel comfortable in my own skin now. If you had told me this was going to happen, I don't know if I would have believed you."

She also found that part of the journey of comfort was understanding that her happiness and acceptance were based on her own terms.

"Culturalistically, young girls are taught to dream of their marriage, not the life they want to live or the people they want to be," Ross, who is happily single, said. "I was spared that message as a child—not from my mom or my dad, but from the world we lived in."

She mentioned that she spent a lot of time dreaming of her wedding. She said that if she had used that time to think about her dream, she might have achieved her dreams sooner.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post