'Maestro': Bradley Cooper enthralls fans with his shocking transformation for biopic


Bradley Cooper looked completely unrecognizable in the first look of his highly anticipated biopic film Maestro.

In his first directorial effort since A Star Is Born, Cooper starred alongside Oscar nominees Carey Mulligan, Matt Bomer, and Maya Hawke.

The 47-year-old actor becomes a celebrated conductor and plays West Side Story composers Leonard Bernstein and Mulligan as his wife Felicia Montealegre, Netflix debuted Monday.

In one image, Cooper and costar Carey Mulligan (who plays Bernstein's wife Felicia Montealegre) smile together, while another behind-the-scenes photo shows Cooper preparing a shot on set. Additional images show Cooper unrecognizable as an aged Bernstein.


In January, Cooper teased the maestro during a conversation with Mahershala Ali for Variety, explaining that he personally "wanted to be a conductor since he was a kid."


Cooper also explained how he took on the project after director Steven Spielberg originally joined it.


"I always knew Steven Spielberg knew I had this passion for operations," Cooper said.

"He had this biopic idea and he was talking to me about potential acting. But I was just working on A Star Is Born. And I said, 'Listen, I just want to write and direct movies. I always felt like I could play a conductor, but could I research the material and see if I could write it and direct it? Would you let me do that? ?' ,

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post