Prince Andrew failed to give 'full apology' in 2019 interview: 'Surprising'


Prince Andrew's 2019 interview with the BBC about his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein has hurt him greatly.

The Duke of York, who sat down with Emily Maitlis in November of that year, failed to offer a full apology.

Sam McAllister, who got the scoop for the BBC, told Express.co.uk she was 'shocked' by the answers given by the Queen's second son.

"I mean even now we're talking about it and I was physically there, and I went through all that, and it was about three years ago, I still can't believe it's like that." I was 15 feet behind his chair.

"Hearing the answers they gave, each one worse than the last, was a truly extraordinary experience that it's still hard to really believe.

"It was an amazing experience to sit there listening to it all on camera."

The producer said that Duke's failure to offer a "full apology" surprised him the most from the interview.

She said: "I think it was his inability to give you a proper full apology for 45 minutes, you know.

"Specifically we get to the end of the interview and Emily says, 'Do you have anything else you want to say to Royal Highness?'

"Hint, hint, make an outright apology. And yet he doesn't manage it.

"So if I was practicing with them, and I help people with interviews, the first and only answer that really matters throughout this interview is a proper explanation of their actions with an apology. . and it never came," said Ms. McAllister.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post