Robert Pattinson was shocked at his request to play Agent 'Batman'

 


Robert Pattinson is detailing how he played Batman.

Speaking to Total Film on Monday, the 35-year-old actor shared that his agents were amazed at his request to play the famous Cape Crusader.

"I was aiming for quite different stuff," he revealed. It was during this time that he learned that Ben Affleck no longer wanted to be a part of the Batman franchise.

The Twilight star "just obsessively checked in" on the role for "the next year or so".

"Even my agents were like, 'Oh, interesting. I thought you just wanted to play total freaks?' And I was like, 'He's a freak!'"

Once he landed the role, he knew the legacy of George Clooney and Affleck would be difficult to follow.

 "But I never really thought I was anywhere close to doing it, and especially with the other parts I was attracted to at the time."

Speaking about his passion for the film franchise, Robert revealed that he has seen all the Batman movies.

"I've seen every single one of the [Batman] movies in the cinema, which I can't really say I've done for any other series," he said. I was always looking forward to his coming out. It was a combination of being so attracted to it, but also feeling like a lot of movies have been made about it, and none of them are a bad movie," he admitted.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post