Whoopi Goldberg issues second apology over Holocaust remarks after international uproar

 


Whoopi Goldberg has used her national platform on The View to issue a second apology, highlighting her lack of understanding of the Nazi agenda, which called for all Jews to exist to be an "inferior species". had demanded.

The host's apology aired on The Late Show and was recorded after her initial Twitter apology, but was later released.

It gave fans a better understanding of Goldberg's intentions and voiced her sincere feelings about the Holocaust as well as race.

In it, he was quoted as saying, "It upset a lot of people, which was never, ever my intention. I think, being black is very different to me when we talk about race." That's why I said that I thought the Holocaust wasn't about race."

“And people got very angry and are still getting angry. I am getting a lot of mails from people and a lot of anger too. But I thought it was a major discussion because as a black person, I consider race to be something that I can see."

"So I look at you and know what race you belong to. I thought it [the Holocaust] was more about man's inhumanity towards man. ... People said, 'No, no, we're a race' Huh.' I felt differently. I respect everything everyone is saying to me."

She also said, "I don't want to make a fake apology. I'm so upset that people misunderstood me. And because of that, they're saying I'm anti-Semitic and denying the Holocaust and all these other things." I'll never be there for me. I thought we were discussing race, which everyone has."

She also told the host how America's views about racism were centered around skin color and thus, "that's what it means to me." So "when you talk about being a racist, you can't call it racism. It was evil. It wasn't based on the skin. You couldn't tell who was a Jew. You had to go deeper and figure it out." .

The host, Colbert, also confronted Goldberg about his understanding of the plight of the Jewish community and how the Nazis made Jews wear stars on their person to make them recognized in the crowd, and Goldberg said, "My point. : He had to work."

"When the Klan is coming down the street and I'm standing with a Jewish friend - I'm going to run. But if my friend decides not to run, they'll pass most of the times, because you can't tell most of the times . . . That's what I was trying to explain."

"I understand that not everyone sees it that way, and I've done a lot of damage to myself and people decide I'm all these other things that I'm not. I get it, people are angry, I'm going to do it." Admit it, and I've done it to myself, and I'll try hard not to think like that again.

Colbert also questioned whether Goldberg was aware that the Nazis consider his actions in response to a racial issue, and he admitted, "It is interesting to me: the lies of the Nazis."

“He had issues of ethnicity. Most of the Nazis were white people and most of the people they were attacking were white people. So for me, I'm thinking, 'How can you say this about race when you're fighting each other?' ... don't text me anymore, I know how you feel. I'll take your word for it and never bring it up again."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post