Idris Elba says he joined a boxing club as a youth player

Elba is grateful to sport for teaching him 'discipline'


Idris Elba has revealed that joining a boxing club as a youth player was a "real turning point" in his life.

The flamboyant actor is grateful to the sport for teaching him "discipline" during his younger years, and believes boxing can help many, especially those who need some "direction" in their lives. is required.

The "Harder They Fall" star made the comment while talking about his new show "Fight School" - in which many teens and 20-somethings will attend an intensive course of boxing training to try to learn new life skills.

The award-winning actor said: "I joined a boxing club when I was younger, and my trainer Joe took me under his wing."

"It was a real turning point in my life, teaching me discipline and control to move forward.

“Throughout my fighting experience I was able to achieve a level of calm. Boxing requires you to shut out all the noise and focus on the moment, a skill that I believe is a skill for all people. especially young people who need direction, said Idris Elba.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post