Helen Mirren talks candidly about what she learned about love in 25 years of marriage

 

Helen Mirren says, 'It's so important to allow the person you love to be who you are, even if you don't like it very much'


Helen Mirren opens up about what she's learned about love after spending 25 years with her husband, Taylor Hackford.

In an interview with People Magazine, the The Queen actor was asked how her husband makes her feel beautiful, to which she replied, "Oh, he doesn't!"

The 76-year-old actor said, "I don't think he ever makes me feel beautiful. It's not necessary. To be honest, that's not what I love about him."

She spoke about Parker's director revealing that he doesn't give her notes on her performances these days, "You know, I believe in unconditional praise from my loved ones. I don't want any criticism. And I I give him similar unconditional praise - more or less. We let each other do our thing, and move on with that."

The actor said that she worked every year since she was 20, but the time during the COVID 19 pandemic was 'valuable' to her as she got to spend time with Hackford, adding, "I Every night for six months I sit at the table with them - which I've never done before - and don't worry or think about work."

Talking about the importance of maintaining hobbies and interests, she said, "An important part of love is maintaining one's sense of identity. In a way, that's the most important thing, not yourself with someone else." Keep it, far from it. Be honestly and authentically who you are."

"And it's so important to let the person you love be who you are — even if (sometimes) you don't like it very much," she continued.

Mirren concludes that they find joy in their journey together, saying, "You're constantly exploring, learning about the person you love, which suddenly, takes you completely by surprise. You get a depth of courage or patience or generosity or you just didn't know were there."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post