Jang Ho-yeon opens up about his first reaction to the success of Squid Game


Squid Game star Jang Ho-yeon recently opened up about his first reaction to the Korean super-hit drama ahead of its release on Netflix.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, the actress revealed that after watching the play, she sent a message to her director of the show Hwang Dong-hyuk and apologized to him.

"I thought I totally messed up. My first message to director Hwang after watching Squid Game was, "I'm so sorry," she told the outlet.

The 27-year-old, who played Kang Sa-byok in the play, mentioned that the success of the survival drama left her speechless as she was trying to prepare herself for the poor reactions of the audience ahead of its release.

Meanwhile, Jang also spoke about her anxiety while preparing for the Korean series and got emotional while explaining how she dealt with it.

I have been reading a lot of scripts and am just starting to educate myself. I just want to try everything so that I understand what I like, what I want to do,” she explained.

Jung said, "I just have to keep going despite the mistake. Even though I just cried. I don't even know why I cried, but I just have to fight my anxiety and keep learning and trying."

To be noticed, the actress also received a SAG Award for Outstanding Performance as a Female Actor for her role in this hit drama.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post