Oprah Winfrey didn't miss being 'around people' during her 322 days at home due to COVID

 

Oprah Winfrey reveals she didn't leave her home for 322 days for fear of catching COVID


Oprah Winfrey said she was in her home for 322 days after the world experienced the COVID 19 pandemic.

In an interview with the Los Angeles Times promoting her new documentary The Color of Care, the TV host said she "literally didn't leave her house" for almost a year.

"I didn't leave the house for 322 days — literally didn't leave the house," she told the outlet, adding that what surprised her most about living in isolation "is that I was able to adjust to the isolation and not be around other people." "

She recalled, "I remember one thing Gayle King said, 'Don't you miss being around other people?' I go, 'Not really.'"

Winfrey explained: "And I think it's because every day, I was in an audience of 350 people twice a day [when on The Oprah Winfrey Show], so I started shaking hands and autographs and selfies, and a lot of attention." Given, and the risk of being around a lot of people."

"I was able to be with myself in a way that I haven't been able to for years, because usually, even if I make time for myself, I'm wondering what happens next," she added. ,

"Overall, I was able to adjust because I have a really strong sense of and the ability to live in this present moment without worrying about the next."

She continued, "You can do this when you don't have to worry about where your next paycheck is coming from. I didn't have to worry about, 'Am I going to pay rent? Am I going to be able? Bring food? Will I be able to keep the lights on and take care of my kids?'"

The 68-year-old was inspired by such thoughts and the story of COVID-19 victim Gary Fowler that she made the documentary focusing on racial disparities in the healthcare system.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post