Beyonce shrugs off film poster, demands a redesign: 'It's not me'

Beyonce dislikes posters for 'Austin Powers in Goldmember', says she didn't look like herself in them


Beyoncé asked to change the poster of her 2002 film Austin Powers in Goldmember because it made her "too skinny".

The Break My Soul hit-maker wanted his figure to appear curvy on the poster because it cost the team thousands of dollars to recreate the banner originally.

In an interview for Vulture, the comedy film's makeup artist Kate Bisco shared the incident while celebrating 20 years of the film.

"While we were shooting, someone brought him a poster that would promote the film," Bisco told the publication.

"He showed it to her, like, 'Do you like this?' And she was kind of like, 'Yeah,'" she said. "He goes, 'What's the matter?' And she says, 'You made me too skinny. That's not me.'"

Bisco continued: "Then he did this hourglass shape. And he said, 'Okay, we'll fix that.'"

"She walked over to do the scene, and I looked at her and smiled, like, 'Is this the first time you've ever asked an actress to enlarge her body? he shared.

"He was like, 'Yeah. This is going to cost me thousands of dollars, but I'm going to do it,'" the makeup artist said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post