Kate McKinnon details on exit from SNL: WATCH


Kate McKinnon has finally opened up about her exit from Saturday Night Live after 10 impeccable years at the hit sketch show on Thursday's episode of Live with Kelly and Ryan.


"I thought about it for a very, very long time, and it was very, very hard," McKinnon told Ryan Seacrest and Kelly Ripa.

"I've only wanted to do it on Saturday Night Live in my entire life. So, I did, I loved it, I had the best decade, and then I was like, my body was tired, and I felt like it was time.

The Emmy Award-winning actress left the show earlier this year.

After joining SNL in 2012, McKinnon holds the record for being the longest-running female cast member in the show's history.

The standup comedian first joined the show in 2014 at the age of 20, becoming one of the youngest cast members to be a part of the long-running series.

She has done every sketch imaginable, but her most notable ones have seen her parodies former US First Lady Hillary Clinton, Sen. Elizabeth Warren, and the late Supreme Court judge Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

After his departure, fellow artist Pete Davidson left the sketch show in May of this year.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post