Shawn Mendes: 'I loved Camilla so many years ago and that's never going to change'

Shawn Mendes says breakup with Camila Cabello helped him write


Shawn Mendes will never deny his love for Camila Cabello, he says.

Speaking on Air with Ryan Seacrest during an interview on Tuesday, the 23-year-old singer shared that he still shares a deep friendship with his ex-girlfriend of two years.

"[We] are very friendly. I mean, I loved Camilla for so many years before and that's never going to change," he said.

Speaking about his new song, When You're Gone, which he addressed his breakup with the Havana songwriter, Mendes said: "I think it's really just the processing and the complexity of it, the complexity of knowing something better. And still wanting to stop and all the reasons why," he explained. "I'm really happy to be able to be real and authentic with my music because it's cathartic for me to be able to write about these things as well."

Speaking about how he believes this breakup is a blessing, Mendes continued: "I think most people have this fear, but in many ways, I think a breakup can be a blessing as well. Because it can really show you that you are [strong enough], which is what is needed," he said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post