Viola Davis writes new memoir on the trauma of bullying: 'Hiding parts of my story'

Viola Davis's new memoir explores bullying and trauma as well as the first 'hidden parts of my story'


Viola Davis breaks down what fans can expect to see from her upcoming memoir.

She began by admitting that she has "always" been proud of her humble beginnings and has "never been afraid" of living her truth.

The memoir title, Finding Me talks about moments in life where he threw stones at her for being black, dumpster pigeons for insect-infested food and smelled of urine due to lack of clean laundry, In the morning when she was wetting the bed.

Speaking to People Magazine about those life moments, Viola admitted, "Everything I've experienced connects me to the world. It has given me an extraordinary sense of compassion. It's reconciling that young girl in me and recovering from the past - and finding a home."

"I always thought that acting defined my life, and it hasn't. People in the world tell you that if you get what you do, that you're great, that's it.

"And you have money in the bank, and you have a house, and you have a lovely husband, and he loves you and your baby, that's it. And that's not it."

"I was still hiding a big part of my story," she admitted. "It's almost like I rediscovered everything I wanted and threw the rest away."

"You know when you look at pictures down memory lane, and you look at it differently. I'm looking at little Viola, and I see how strong she was and how she was just a splurge. I think that's why I wrote the book, that if I somehow discovered it, opened up those memories, sorted them out, that somehow I could find my peace.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post