Will Smith's doppelganger offered thousands to recreate infamous slapstick

Will Smith's impersonator shares that his business is booming since Oscars 2022 slap


Will Smith's doppelganger Shad Ellis has gone ahead with his claims of receiving an offer of thousands of dollars to recreate the King Richard actor's infamous Oscar slap.

According to The Sun, the 43-year-old look-alike spilled the beans on his thriving business after Smith defeated Chris Rock at the 94th Academy Awards.

"I've had more inquiries and bookings than this week," the Bedford native told the outlet.

"It's an old saying that any publicity is good publicity, isn't it?"

“Requests are flooding in all the time… I even have offers for things that slap in the face, like, ‘Can you talk about this product and say no if they don’t buy it? So they're going to 'slap', but I've turned down anything like that because I don't want to disrespect the situation," he explained.

However, Ellis said he has not accepted a gig for 'kicking someone when he's down'.

"It's not always about the money... what was more important to me was my relationship with someone I'd been impersonating for so many years, who is now a part of my life," he expressed did.

"I can't do anything that can be seen as disrespectful to the situation because I look forward to working with them in the future and I don't want to burn our bridges," Ellis said.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post