Health crisis forces Celine Dion to postpone Europe tour

 

Health crisis forces Celine Dion to postpone Europe tour


Canadian superstar Celine Dion on Friday announced the postponement of European concert dates for her "Courage World Tour" to 2023, citing a persistent health issue.

"I feel a little better...but I still have cramps," Dion explained in a news release, updating fans on the severe involuntary muscle contractions she began experiencing late last year.

The 54-year-old singer said, "I am very sorry to have to reschedule the dates of the European tour, the first time it was because of the pandemic, now it is because of my health."

"To get on stage, I have to be on top of my game. Honestly, I can't wait, but I'm not quite ready yet. Get on stage, because you deserve it."

The Grammy Award-winning tour is her first without her husband-manager René Angelil, who died of cancer in 2016.

Dion gave the first 52 shows of the global itinerary before the start of the COVID-19 pandemic in early 2020. She announced in January that she was canceling the North American stage due to health problems.

Speaking directly to fans in an online video, he thanked them for their understanding and support, his voice trembling with emotion.

"The good news is I'm doing a little better, but it (her recovery) is going very slowly and it's very frustrating for me," she said with a sigh, her eyes wide open.

"I appreciate your loyalty," she said...AFP

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post