Viola Davis calls a director for a decade and calls her as a maid.

Viola Davis talks about not getting a role in Hollywood due to her skin color


Viola Davis shared a shocking incident, when a director she knew for a decade, she was called by her maid.

In an interview with the variety at the Cannes Film Festival, the first lady actor talked about racism that is still strong in Hollywood and how it limits opportunities for black actors.

The actor told the outlet, "I had a director who did it to me. He said, "Lewis!" I knew him for 10 years and he called me Lewis and I came to know that this is because his maid's name is Lewis. ,

"I was probably around 30 at that time, so it was some time ago. The 56 -year -old actor said, but you have to feel that those subtle attacks occur all the time.

Davis further shared how she was rejected for roles in her career because Hollywood decision makers did not think that she was "quite quite" that she says that she falls on her "veins".

"It breaks my heart and it makes me angry," the actor said. "A lot it is based in the race. it really is."

He continued: “Let's be honest. If I had the same features of me and I had five shades lighters, it would have been slightly different. And if I had white hair, blue eyes and even a wide nose, it would be slightly different from what is still there. ,

“We can talk about colorism, we can talk about the race. Davis said that this (explain) has been closed to me, and it has broken my heart - on many projects, which I did not name.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post