Lizzo admits she felt 'embarrassed' as music, body inclusivity in fashion industries lack


Lizzo recently wore her heart on her sleeve to weigh in on the lack of body inclusivity in the music and fashion industries.

The 34-year-old singer admitted that she had felt "embarrassed" for years and felt she didn't have the "qualities" to be a pop star.

He thought that people would not join him because they would not want to look like the singer.

During her conversation with Elle UK, the singer said that she doesn't want to be a 'token big girl', speaking out on the lack of body diversity in the fashion industry.

"I don't want to be the token big girl for the fashion world, I want to open the door," expressed Lizzo.

"Almost every star I saw on stage was skinny and light-skinned, and they didn't look like me," she continued.

"I wasn't really ready to believe that I was desirable, for me, to be a pop star — part of it is that people either want to be you or be with you."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post