Michelle Obama's second book 'The Light We Carry' reflects the world's uncertainty

Michelle Obama announces release of her second book on social media


Michelle Obama recently shared the news of her second book, The Light We Carry, on social media.

On Thursday, the former first lady took to Instagram to share a video of herself gushing over happily while holding her second written book.

"I've spent a lot of time over the years thinking about how to keep myself centered in a world so full of uncertainty. That process of reflection really got me rewriting me. I'm going to show you my new book, The Light. We couldn't be more thrilled to tell you about Carrie," she wrote in the caption.

The author of the bestselling memoir noted about "global pandemics", "insurgency" and "radicalism", all of these threatening issues over the years that led him to seek answers to his difficult questions.

"It often left me feeling out of balance. I felt insecure. And, yes, at times I was scared too," she said.

This was why he began writing a book, which he called "a toolbox and a collection of certain perspectives and practices" that he had gathered over the years to help keep him "focused".

“This book will add positivity and balance to the dark times. May we settle down a bit with the understanding that none of us have to go through this alone,” the 58-year-old added in a video message.

Published by Penguin Random House, the new book will hit the stands on November 15.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post