Radio presenter reveals Princess Diana's cheeky remark

Princess Diana's quirky but charming self was recently remembered for her birthday


Princess Diana's quirky yet charming self was recently remembered on the occasion of her 61st birthday as her favorite radio host detailed her meeting with the Princess of Wales.

The former Capitol radio host, who now hosts her show on Boom Radio, said, "I first met Princess Diana when she came to the Capitol Radio studios in London in the early '80s - at the time, she was our Was the patroness of the charity. Help a London kid."

“Staff queued down in the office to meet her, and she was walking along, shaking hands and having a brief conversation. It was very, very formal," he continued.

Princess William and Harry were very young at the time, and I was told earlier that because the boys were early, she would get up early and tune into my breakfast show - she liked Capitol and she loved pop music.

"Before the line-up that morning, I asked the audience to meet them that evening and how nerve-racking it would be, and I said: 'I hope I don't get sweaty hands.'

"That evening, when she came to me, she shook my hand and said, 'Oh, hello Graham,' and started walking. But then she returned to me and said: 'Oh, by the way, Graham, hands completely dry was.'

"So she was listening to the show that morning!" Graham said.

"Though Princess Diana didn't know there was a veil behind me, and right before I came across the lineup, I wiped my hand to make sure it didn't get sweaty!" He added.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post