Shawn Mendes is 'taking time to recover' as he cancels the rest of his Wonder World Tour


Shawn Mendes announced that he is canceling the rest of his Wonder World tour to take "time to heal" and keep "health" as his first priority.

The Treat You Better hit-maker previously postponed concerts to take care of his mental health, but is now canceling the entire tour, promising that he will "come back stronger."

"As you guys know, I had to postpone the last few weeks of shows because I was completely unprepared for the toll it would take back down the road," Mendes wrote on her Instagram.

He said, “I started this tour excited to play live after a long break due to the pandemic, but the reality is I was not quite prepared for how difficult the tour would be after this time. "

The 23-year-old singer said that after consulting with her team and working with "an incredible group of healthcare professionals, it's become more and more clear that I need to take the time to ground myself and get stronger." .."

Mendes further noted that he had to "unfortunately cancel" his shows in North America and the UK/Europe, adding, "We hoped that I might be able to take the rest of the dates after some required time, But at this point I have to make my health the first priority."

However, the singer assured his fans that he would make new music and tour the world in the future and expressed his condolences to those who were eagerly waiting for his show.

"That doesn't mean I won't be making new music, and I can't wait to see you on tour in the future. I know you all have been waiting so long to see these shows, and It breaks my heart to tell you this, but I promise I will be back as soon as I find the right time to recover,” he wrote.

Signing off, Mendes said, "I love you all and thank you all so much for supporting me and being with me on this journey."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post