Bill on missing persons has gone missing: Shireen Mazari


 ISLAMABAD: The Bill on Missing Persons seems to have been lost, Federal Human Rights Minister Dr Shireen Mazari claimed in the Senate on Tuesday, emphasizing the issue of missing persons.

She said the government prepared a missing persons bill, which was passed by the National Assembly and sent to the Senate. “It is not known why the bill is not being introduced in the Senate. Speaker, Sir, I have spoken to you today also. Why is the bill not being introduced? The issue of missing persons is intolerable in a democratic system,” she said while addressing the Senate Speaker.

Responding to the Human Rights Minister, Senate President Sadiq Sanjrani said: "This is a government bill and only the government can bring it, I cannot bring it. All members clear their misconceptions and if the Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs introduces the Bill, I will bring it. I can't bring the bill myself."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post