Amy Schumer denies stealing Oscar joke about Leonardo DiCaprio

Amy Schumer addresses viewers' claims she stole a joke on Leonardo DiCaprio from a viral Twitter thread


Amy Schumer has stepped in to address alleged claims of stealing a joke about Leonardo DiCaprio at the 2022 Oscars.

Watch what happens during an appearance on Live! Along with Andy Cohen, the comedian, who hosted the 94th Annual Academy Awards, responded to the claim that one of his jokes during an Oscar monologue was stolen from Twitter.

"Okay. Well, I'd like to say, I personally haven't been on Twitter," Schumer told Variety. "I've told my assistant to do it, just so I can stay alive and not kill myself. And also, that joke was written by Sully McCullough. But I thank you guys always, sure To do that I don't start stealing."

During the 2022 Oscars, Schumer, 40, joked about the Shutter Island actor, saying, "Leonardo DiCaprio is doing a lot for the planet."

"He'll leave it in a better position for his girlfriends," she said. The 47-year-old Wolf of Wall Street actor is currently dating 22-year-old model Camila Morrone.

Plus, Amy shared that she recently did a lie-detector test with Vanity Fair, proving she wasn't a prankster thief. "He asked me, thank God, 'Have you ever stolen a joke?' And I said no, and it's 'It's true.'"

She also added, "So, everyone just chills out. It's crazy. I'm funny enough, I don't need to steal."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post