Jennifer Lopez devastated after 'Hustlers' was dropped from the Oscars

Jennifer Lopez Was Highly Expected to Get an Academy Award Nomination for 'Hustlers'


Jennifer Lopez revealed how disappointed and disappointed she was when the Academy Awards didn't nominate her for her performance in Hustlers.

In his hotly-released Netflix documentary Halftime, JLo said he "dreamed that it happened" the night before the Oscar nominations were announced.

"I woke up my hopes," the Mujhse Shaadi actor revealed in the film. "It's gonna happen, we'll be good."

In the film, she even cried as she read a line from a Glamour article about herself to a positive review, which says, "Frankly, it's thrilling to see a criminally underrated cast cast her off a prestige film outlet. Received."

However, when she got up and saw the text, she got disturbing news.

In a voice over, the 52-year-old can be heard saying, "The truth is, I really started thinking I was going to be nominated. I got my hopes up because a lot of people were telling me that I will be."

"And then it didn't happen," she said. "I had to ask myself, 'What does this mean?' I don't do it for an award or do my hits there and feel like I'm the best actor in the world."

"No, I do this to tell stories and to effect change and to connect with people and make them feel things because I want to feel something. That's why I do it. Because I really do, in my own little way." I want to make the world a better place," she said in the documentary.

JLo continued: "At the end of the day, when someone meets you they're not going to be, 'Oh my god, you have 12 Grammys!' They don't say that. They go, 'Oh my god, that song you wrote made me feel and make me feel. When I saw you on stage, I realized I could be there too.' ,

Despite the annoyance, Lopez said she "will keep working," adding, "and I'm afraid to speak out loud and use my voice in the best way that I can."

Actor – The singer was nominated in the Best Supporting Actress category at the Golden Globes, SAG Awards, Independent Spirit Awards and won other accolades and also received high praise for her performance in the film.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post