That Was Probably The Most Wide-Open I’ve Ever Been In My Career: Joel Embiid Raves About New Partnership With James Harden

 

That Was Probably The Most Wide-Open I’ve Ever Been In My Career: Joel Embiid Raves About New Partnership With James Harden

Joel Embiid has been surrounded by some pretty extraordinary talent over the years. From Ben Simmons to Jimmy Butler to Tobias Harris, the 76ers have never been short of talented players.

With James Harden, however, things look different. In their debut on Friday, the Sixers looked like a true contender as Embiid and Harden shared some laughs after a game together.

In an interaction with the media, Embiid shared some of his thoughts on Philly's latest pairing, and how James is giving her some opportunities she's never seen before.

"It was probably the widest opening I've ever had in my career," Embiid said. “I had very handy baskets. I had to go for everything, but shot making ability, shot creation in the fourth quarter… you should have seen my face. I was like, 'I've never had this,' nothing close to it. So hopefully it will continue."

The duo took center stage in the big win with a combined 61 points on Friday. Even Harden couldn't show some enthusiasm after his debut.

"As for me, I haven't been on the court for so long, it seems," Harden said. "My body feels great personally, and then to be around these guys who have the same goal, the coaching staff, and just top to bottom, winning. Tonight, I feel defensive. We were really good, and that's why our offense got even better.

After a long and dramatic battle with Ben Simmons, the 76ers are finally in a position to focus on basketball. This time, they have guys who are completely bought and a roster pitted against the best.

This season, Joel Embiid will have a chance to lead his team to success they haven't seen in years, and he knows very well what his squad is capable of.

Read Next:-

Analyst Sounds off on Draymond Green’s HOF Candidacy

Anthony Davis Could Reportedly Be Out 'Another 4-5 Weeks' For The Lakers

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post