Keke Palmer clapped for comparison to Zendaya on colorism


Keke Palmer recently slammed netizens for comparing her career to that of Zendaya.

On Saturday, a fan took to Twitter and shared his thoughts on the issue of Hollywood colorism, which is why he believed KK Doon had not reached "mainstream popularity" like the star. .

"I want someone to take a deep drive at the similarities and differences between the careers of Keke Palmer and Zendaya. This may be one of the clearest examples of how colorism plays out in Hollywood. They were both child-stars, but their Mainstream popularity is very different."


On Sunday, the Knope star responded, "A great example of colorism is to believe that I can be compared to anyone. I am the youngest talk show host ever. On my own show on Nickelodeon. The first black woman to act, and the youngest and first black Cinderella on Broadway."


The Alice actress continued, "I've been a leading lady since I was 11. I have over 100 credits, and am currently starring in an original screenplay that's the number one film at the box office #NOPE. Mine. The career so far has been blessed; I could not have asked for more but God continues to amaze me."

"I'm an incomparable genius. Baby, it's Keke Palmer," she insisted.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post