A$AP Rocky says Chris Rock's comment sounded like more than a GI Jane joke

A$AP Rocky addresses Will Smith and Chris Rock feud on Oscars 2022 stage


A$AP Rocky recently highlighted Will Smith smacking Chris Rock on his GI on the Oscars 2022 stage. Jane jokes on Jada Pinkett Smith.

During his conversation on an upcoming episode of the Drink Champs podcast, the hip-hop artist expressed, "I'm a fan of Will, Jada, Chris, all of them. They OG."

However, the rapper condemned the King Richard actor's display of violence at the prestigious event.

"I think it's unfortunate that, like, he disarmed another black man in front of all those people," he said.

"But I think, like, it's some built-up [expletive] that probably wasn't really targeted at Chris Rock. I don't know. ... Like you said, it sounds like it's more than just a GI It's a Jane joke," he explained.

It came after Smith publicly apologized to The Rock in a statement posted to Instagram.

“Violence in all its forms is poisonous and destructive. My behavior at last night's Academy Awards was unacceptable and unforgivable," he wrote.

"Jokes are a part of the job at my expense, but a joke about Jada's medical condition was too much for me to bear and I reacted emotionally," the actor said.

"I want to publicly apologize to you, Chris. I was out of line and I was wrong. I'm ashamed and my actions weren't indicative of the man I want to be. For violence in a world of love and kindness There is no room,” expressed Smith.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post