American musician Leanne Rimes opens up about battling anxiety and depression

 

LeAnn Rimes reflects on her mental health journey


American country musician LeAnn Rimes recently revealed how success at a young age affected her mental health.

As Insider reports, Rimes, who rose to fame at the age of 13 with her hit track Blue, became an iconic singer before she turned 18.

However, the How I Do hit-maker told the outlet that all these achievements and success took a toll on her mental health.

She recalled "performing with a 104 degree fever" and "vomiting backstage" before she even went on stage, all of this stress leading her to depression.

"Being in the public eye from when I was very young and letting go of my humanity seems to have been a big part of my experience with anxiety and depression and what was triggering it," she explained.

The crooner noted that by the time she turned 30, she realized "she needed to seek professional help".

“The 30-day stay at the treatment center was life changing. I loved being there. And it was great that other people going through the same things have empathy and understanding,” she said.

Over the years, Rimes had evolved the way he navigated his music career.

She revealed, "I am more aware of my needs and wants and limits, and I tend to structure my life around that rather than allowing me to structure it around it."

Reflecting on her mental health journey, the singer said, "After years of realizing that I have to constantly feed the animal, which is the music business, I'm trying to slow down and put my sanity first. Am."

Meanwhile, the singer revealed that her music album God's Work would be released on 16 September and would take "three years to complete".

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post