After breakup with Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello set to release new album

After breakup with Shawn Mendes, Camila Cabello set to release new album


Camila Cabello is releasing her third album, "Familia," on April 8.

Talking about the album, she said, "I was kind of a really kind of shiny place, like mental health."

"Obviously I want to make good songs, but for me, it's just like, I want to have a good time in the studio today and feel safe and feel relaxed and feel like I'm true to myself. Am."

In November 2021, Cabello and singer Shawn Mendes ended their nearly three-year relationship.

The Cuban-born American singer said that the album, produced by Sony Group Corp (6758.T) Epic Records, was made with very few people, and she hopes fans will hear the trust and intimacy in the music.

"Compared to my previous albums, I feel like I'm just me because a human being is in a better, more grounded, more, well-rounded space. My first two albums, like the late teens, were in the late 20s. Were in the beginning - I got very worried making those albums."

Cabello made her debut as part of the girl group "Fifth Harmony" and unexpectedly left that lineup in 2016.

On track three, "Psychofreak", Cabello sings: "I don't blame the girls for how it went down..." and corroborates the lyrics that referenced members of her former group.

"That song is basically about anxiety and all those different things that made it like my journey with anxiety and being really young in the industry."

Cabello revealed that he now has limited but positive contact with the women in the group.

"We've been supportive of each other like DMs and stuff," she said. "I'm in a really good place with them."

The 12-track album features the appearance of Willow Smith, María Becerra and two Spanish-language songs.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post